Posted: 28 w
Hi there, I'm currently participating in the Erasmus program, and I'm curious about the certification process and credit transfer. How does it all work?
Share on my timeline

Sevgi Çalışkan Joined: 32 w

Hi dear
Participating in the Erasmus program involves a certification process and credit transfer to ensure that the academic work you do during your time abroad is recognized by your home institution. Here's how it generally works:

Certification Process:
Learning Agreement:

Before you begin your Erasmus exchange, you, your home institution, and the host institution will agree on a Learning Agreement.
This document outlines the courses you'll take abroad, ensuring they align with your home institution's requirements.
During Your Stay:

Attend classes and complete the agreed-upon coursework.
Maintain regular communication with your Erasmus coordinator and academic advisor at your home institution.
Transcript of Records:

The host institution will provide you with a Transcript of Records at the end of your study period.
This document lists the courses you've completed, grades received, and the number of ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits earned.
Credit Transfer:
Evaluation by Home Institution:

Submit the Transcript of Records and any other required documents to your home institution's Erasmus coordinator or academic office.
Assessment:

Your home institution will review the courses you took abroad and the grades received.
They'll determine the equivalence of those courses to the ones offered at your home institution.
Credit Transfer:

Credits earned abroad are transferred into your academic record at your home institution.
The grades might be transferred differently based on your home institution's grading system (e.g., pass/fail or conversion to local grading scales).
Recognition of Period Abroad:

Upon successful completion of the study period abroad and the validation of the courses, your home institution will recognize your Erasmus experience in your academic record.
Important Points:
Ensure you keep all documentation and records related to your studies abroad.
Stay in touch with your Erasmus coordinator and academic advisor at your home institution throughout the process.
The ECTS system is used to ensure compatibility and transferability of study credits across participating European countries.
Understanding this process and adhering to the requirements will help ensure that your academic achievements during your Erasmus experience are duly recognized by your home institution. If you have specific questions or need assistance, it's recommended to reach out to your Erasmus coordinator or academic advisor for guidance through the credit transfer process.

AndriusTes Joined: 28 w

Once you complete your Erasmus exchange, your host university will provide you with a Transcript of Records, listing the courses you've completed and the grades you've earned. Make sure to keep a copy for yourself.

The credits you earn during your Erasmus exchange should be recognized by your home university, and they will be included in your overall academic record. It's vital to coordinate with your university's International Office to ensure a smooth transfer process.

In addition to credits, you'll also receive a Certificate of Participation, acknowledging your successful completion of the Erasmus program. This certificate can be a valuable addition to your CV, showcasing your international experience.

Laura Palauskaite Joined: 28 w

This has been incredibly helpful! I'm looking forward to my Erasmus journey with more confidence now, thanks to all your advice.

Laura Palauskaite Joined: 28 w

Posted: 27 w
Hello again everyone, this site was too helpful for find my new project and adventures.