Posted: 28 w
Hey guys! I'm considering applying for the Erasmus program, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the process. Where do I start, and how can academic advisory and mentoring services help?
Share on my timeline

Justis Ivanauskas Joined: 28 w

Hey Laura! Great choice! Academic advisory and mentoring services are there to guide you through the application process. They can help you understand the requirements, deadlines, and even connect you with students who've been through Erasmus before.

Sandra Daimunte Joined: 30 w

Hellloo hello helo
Steps to Start Erasmus Program Application:
Research and Compliance Check:

See your institution or country's Erasmus+ program guidelines and eligibility criteria.
Make sure that your academic field and level of study comply with the Erasmus program framework.
Talk to the Erasmus Coordinator:

Contact your institution's Erasmus coordinator or international office.
They can provide guidance, necessary paperwork and details about partner universities.
Course Selection and Learning Agreement:

Determine the courses you want to take abroad.
Work with your academic advisor to ensure courses fit your program requirements.
Draft a learning agreement that outlines the courses you plan to take and how they fit into your current schedule.
Language Preparation:

If you are applying to a country where the native language is not your native language, consider language courses or preparation.
Application process:

Complete the application forms required by both your home institution and the host university.
Submit your application within the specified periods.
How Academic Advising and Mentoring Services Can Help:
Guidance on Course Selection:

Advisors can help you choose courses that fit your academic goals.
They will make sure that the courses chosen meet your own institution's requirements.
Application Help:

Assistance with filling out and reviewing application documents.
Guidance on meeting deadlines and completing all required paperwork.
Understanding Program Details:

Clarifying the details of the Erasmus programme, including grant details, living arrangements and cultural adaptation in the host country.
Support in Academic Preparation:

Mentors can help you prepare academically for the courses you plan to take abroad.
They can guide you on how to adapt to different educational systems or expectations.
Emotional and Practical Support:

Support in dealing with the emotional aspects of moving to a new country.
Practical advice on travel, accommodation and settling into a new environment.
Consulting these services will make the Erasmus application process less daunting and provide structured guidance and support every step of the way.
And finally,
You can look for projects suitable for you https://finderasmus.com/jobs
The people they know who see this message are the ones who want to give you an opportunity.
Although the process may seem overwhelming, remember that the Erasmus experience can be incredibly rewarding both academically and personally. I wish you good luck in applying.

Laura Palauskaite Joined: 28 w

Thanks you a lot Sandra for your detailed answer. I appreciated :)